OHSAS 18001:2007 is the internationally recognized standard for the management of health and safety in the work place. It is designed to provide structured, formal procedures for managing your companies health and safety responsibilities and help reduce the risks associated with health and safety at work.
Demonstrating rigorous health and safety performance towards employees, shareholders and clients is of increasing concern to organizations of all types. Stringent legislation and developing economic and social policies have also resulted in an increasing requirement to demonstrate compliance. OHSAS 18001:2007 employs a framework to enable a thorough assessment of the risks involved in order to address the protection of employees and the general public. Adopting this standard is a recognized way of showing that health and safety is a priority within your business. It is fast becoming a necessity for any successful organization and is often a pre- requisite for companies wishing to tender for contracts within certain industry sectors.
Significant benefits in achieving OHSAS 18001:2007 registration include
- Demonstrating that your company is operating with due diligence, good governance and is committed to health and safety in the work place
- Broadens your business opportunities.
- Provides potential clients assurance of you effective management procedures and regulatory compliance.
- Promotes a safer working environment by heightening adherence to you health and safety policies.
- Looks after your most valuable assets – Your employees.
- Reduced risk of accidents and lower staff absence
- Reduced risk of citations and penalties
- Policy-driven performance improvements
- Compliance with Health and Safety legislation
- Potential reduced insurance premiums
- Increased access to new customers through an improved corporate image and reputation
- Increased staff awareness of Health and Safety
We will work with you to design, document, implement and operate a simple Health and Safety management system that meets all the requirements of OHSAS 18001.
We will design the system around your existing Health and Safety practices where ever possible, including the completion of risk assessments as necessary. We will help you to establish the necessary controls to ensure you are in compliance with relevant legislation, help you to identify the areas of your business which do not comply to the ISO 18001 standard, and redesign them with minimal disruption to your operation.
After the system has been implemented, we will recommend you for the initial audit visit from an external assessment body. We will then arrange for your system to be fully audited by one of our own auditors, and the final OHSAS 18001 external assessments will take place within 3 months of the initial audit visit (depending upon the external certification body).