ISO 22000:2005 is the international standard for Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) published by ISO in the year 2005. It specifies the requirement of an organization to be able to manage the food safety by making certain that the food is safe for consumption.
ISO 22000 is applicable for all organization involved in food industry whether large or small, food producers, manufacturers, retailers, transporters or even storage facilities. It is also relevant to organization which is involved in one or multiple steps of the food process. This standard provides a tool called HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) throughout the food chain.
It comprehensively defines the requirements that can be adopted by industries/organizations belonging to Food Sector for an effective management system that not only ensures safety of their raw material and products throughout the production process but also provides guidelines on ensuring higher quality of work processes at each level (as it features requirements of ISO 9001 as well).
Significant benefits in achieving ISO 22000 registration include
- This makes ISO 22000 more than a set of standards. It's a business- building tool for organizations wishing to extend their reach.
- Provide a more logical and structured approach to food safety management
- Gain easier access to global markets
- ISO 22000 tackles key issues in the food supply chain, each contributing to an organization's ongoing business performance in relation to food safety management:
- Clear communication across the entire supply chain
- Traceability – identification of an organization's impact on food safety within the supply chain
- Control/reduction of food safety hazards
- Management of food safety risks
- Legal compliance
- Cost reduction due to a more efficient system
- Smooth conversion from existing food safety certifications
- Continuous improved business performance in line with the ISO 22000 food safety policy and objectives.
We will design the system around your existing business practices wherever possible and if necessary help you to identify and resolve issues where you do not conform to the ISO 22000 certification standard.
Once the system has been implemented, we will arrange for your system to be fully audited by one of our auditors, before recommending you for your ISO 22000 assessment by the external Certification Body.